search bar

Stephanie Gilmore attacked!



















Surfing life reported recently:

Last night Stephanie Gilmore was attacked outside her home in Tweed Heads. A man on a bike rode up and hit her twice with a metal pole.

The four times world champ released this statement. “There was an incident in which I was attacked at my property,” Gilmore said. “It was a completely random act in which I was a victim in the wrong place at the wrong time. It is now a matter for the court. I have sought medical attention and am on my road to recovery in high spirits. I look forward to getting back in the water in six weeks. In the mean time, I’m staying mentally and physically fit every way I can. I have fantastic support from my family and friends and look forward to resting up for a fresh start in the New Year.”

Her alleged attacker is in custody.

Here's a link to her blog so you can wish her speedy recovery.

No comments: